Here's some tips for getting JAVA applets and graphics to work
better in AOL!
To make sure graphics look the way they should in AOL:
1) In AOL, click on MY AOL
2) Next, click on PREFERENCES
3) Then click on WWW
4) Pick the far right tab that says WEB GRAPHICS
5) Make sure "USE COMPRESSED GRAPHICS" is NOT checked. Most web sites use
compressed graphics already. If you allow AOL to compress them even more, they will look
6) Click on OKAY.
Now the graphics in the greetings should look much better!
For better Java Applet support (games, special effects etc.):
1) Click on Start button (at left bottom of screen)
2) Then click on Settings
3) Then Control Panel
4) Go to INTERNET (in the Control Panel)
5) When the gray screen appears, at the top of the gray screen, click ADVANCED
6) Then scroll down till you see JAVA and check all the JAVA boxes that
are not checked (should be three of them).
7) Click APPLY AT THE RIGHT HAND BOTTOM of that gray screen.
8) Close everything and RESTART COMPUTER.